Ken has developed his Therapeutic approach to counseling over his 25 years working in the field. He uses existential-humanistic approaches to guide life choices and set goals, the he uses cognitive-behavioral and DBT methods to alter thinking and behavior congruent with the achievement of those goals. Ken is skilled working with adolescents and adults, he sees clients individually, as well as couples and family applications. He has received training in military culture and has spent the last several years working with military service members and couples providing short-term, solution-focused counseling with an emphasis on anger management, anxiety management, and communication skills. Ken has several years experience as a crisis counselor providing field assessments and interventions for emergency services in Phoenix AZ, Bergen County, NJ, and Virginia Beach, VA.
Ruthie Weiglein MSED LPC RPT is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Registered Play Therapist. Additionally, she has specialized training in the area of maternal and postpartum mental health.
She works with adults and children facing relationship problems, crisis situations, mental health issues and trauma. Using a combination of CBT, DBT and Play Therapy techniques, she helps individuals learn new skills to improve their mood, heal from the past and thrive in their present relationships and situations.
Counseling children requires specific training and experience. Ruthie is trained in Play Therapy which is a developmentally-appropriate counseling approach for working with young children. Play therapy is a great way to engage resistant and hesitant children and adolescents in a counseling relationship designed to meet their unique needs.
I am a dedicated Clinical Psychologist with over 18 years of experience providing evidenced-based treatments to various client populations. My goal is to create a safe environment to help you reach your goals. I believe in a collaborative approach to therapy and value your feedback throughout the treatment process.
I provide therapy to adolescents and adults experiencing a variety of disorders and concerns such as ADHD, anxiety, behavioral issues, bipolar disorder, depression, family conflict, grief, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), parenting concerns, relationship issues, poor self esteem, sexual abuse, suicide ideation, trauma and PTSD. In addition, I have conducted critical incident stress debriefings with police officers and fire fighters who have been involved in a critical incident.
In addition to providing individual therapy to adolescents and adults, I conduct psychological evaluations for children, adolescents and adults to help clarify diagnosis and obtain an understanding of a client’s personality functioning, which can assist with treatment planning.
I utilize a variety of treatment approaches some of which include: Cognitive Behavioral, Psychodynamic, and Solution Focused. I use Prolonged Exposure Therapy to treat individuals who have PTSD.
Masters in School Psychology
- Broad range consultative/advocacy services offered to clinicians, pediatricians, family practice physicians, and individual clients seeking information pertaining to educational testing and/or support services
- Diagnostic and educationally relevant assessments to assist in educational planning
- Expert knowledge and support for students/parents when attempting to access free, appropriate educational services
- Assistance in developing educational goals and objectives which promote success
- Consultation regarding full spectrum of educational services, policies and procedures relative to special education, as well as state and federal regulations pertaining to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 pertaining to limited or substantial protections for children with AD/HD and other disabilities outlined under Civil Rights Statutes
- Assistance to parents in understanding their rights and responsibilities, their child’s rights, and the responsibility of the schools in meeting the educational needs of their child
- Facilitate parents at meetings with support staff and other department personnel to ensure student is afforded an appropriate educational/learning environment, adequate educational supports and necessities based upon need
- Assistance to post-secondary students in accessing necessary college supports offered through disability/student support services
Alicia Woodworth, LPC, NCC, BC-TMH provides confidential Individual and Family therapy to those in need. She also provides Telemental Health Services. Emphasis on formulation of reasonable expectations for oneself, goal setting, and healthy interactions. She has over 18 years experience in working with those who have concerns regarding depression, relationship issues, sexual abuse, anxiety, PTSD, social anxiety, stress, and women’s issues to name only a few. Alicia uses an eclectic approach combined with Mindfulness and CBT. Alicia accepts private pay clients as well as most Virginia insurances. She is licensed in VA, SC, GA, AZ, is a Telehealth Provider in the State of FL, and is a Board Certified Telehealth Provider(BC-TMH).
Ms. Dorris’s private practice draws on decades of counseling experience. Her experiences have included providing interventions to children, adolescents, and adults confronting a myriad of challenges. She incorporates a cognitive behavioral (CBT) and psychoeducational approach and believes that effective changes are compassionately made through empowerment. She also provides Telemental Health Services.
Her therapeutic specialties include:
- stress management
- panic disorders
- obsessive compulsive behaviors
- loss and grief recovery
- life transitions
- career refocusing
- coping with illness or injury
Currently taking new patients: Adults, adolescents, children
Monday through Thursday 9:30am-5:00pm